Find more at http://fightt1d.jdrftype1.com
Type 1 diabetes (T1D) kills the body’s beta cells that produce insulin which gives us the energy we need for everyday life. JDRF’s vision, the Beta Cell Restoration Program, will not only stop the autoimmune attack but also return the number of beta cells to a normal level. JDRF is developing vaccines that will re-train the immune system to eliminate autoimmunity and leave the beta cells alone.
Type 1 diabetes (T1D) can occur in anyone—not just kids. If you or an adult you know has recently been diagnosed with T1D, check out the JDRF T1D Care Kit, a free resource containing information and tools to educate, support and inspire newly diagnosed adults. JDRF’s mission is to cure, treat and prevent type 1 diabetes!
– Urinating often;
– Feeling very thirsty;
– Feeling very hungry – even though you are eating;
– Extreme fatigue;
– Blurry vision;
– Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal;
– Weight loss – even though you are eating more (type 1);
– Tingling, pain, or numbness in the hands/feet (type 2). Here you can find the full list of Credits http://broadcaster.beazil.net/public/credits/youtube/videos/209276 JDRF is leading the way in establishing measurement guidelines and holding itself accountable to supporters. JDRF has developed transparent organizational goals, as well as a set of research and advocacy objectives and outcomes for the current year by which organizational success will be measured. Measurements include:
– Initiating new clinical trials for artificial pancreas systems
– Developing new approaches to encapsulating islets
– Beginning proof-of-concept clinical trials with existing islet encapsulation approaches
– Trials demonstrating slowing progression of T1D in at-risk patients
– Effectiveness of approved T2D drugs tested in T1D
– Partnering to develop new T1D biomarkers
– Congress enacts 0 million extension of Special Diabetes Program at the National Institutes of Health. alfred f. Diabetes is the epidemic of the 21st century and the biggest challenge with which is confronting the health system of the United States. If present trends continue by 2050 as many as 1 in 3 American adults will have diabetes. Almost 30 million children and adults in the United States have diabetes. 10,721,000 people in California have prediabetes. Annually 5,089 youth are newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and 18,436 with type 1 diabetes. Growing prevalence of diabetes in California was estimated at 4,056,373 people. An estimated 1,021,000 of California’s population have diabetes but don’t know it. Annually California spends about .1 billion for diabetes. According to 2012 diabetes statistics total medical costs in patients with diagnosed and undiagnosed diabetes, prediabetes and gestational diabetes in California were estimated at .6 billion. JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF’s goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives until we achieve a world without T1D. Health Care & Social Assistance sector comprises firms providing health care and social assistance for individuals. The sector includes both health care and social assistance because it is sometimes difficult to distinguish between the boundaries of these two activities. The industries in this sector are arranged on a continuum starting with providing medical care exclusively, continuing with those providing health care and social assistance and finally finishing with only social assistance. The services provided in this sector are delivered by trained health practitioners and social workers with requisite experience. Sacramento, one of the state’s oldest incorporated communities, lies at the heart of a four-county metropolitan area. Suburbs—concentrated largely to the north and east of the city—include Citrus Heights, Folsom, Carmichael, North Highlands, and Roseville; other communities include Parkway (south) and West Sacramento (west). Inc. city, 1850. Area city, 99 square miles (256 square km). Pop. (2000) 407,018; Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Roseville Metro Area, 1,796,857; (2010) 466,488; Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Roseville Metro Area, 2,149,127.
Check our Pinterest account https://www.pinterest.com/jdrfadvocacy/
Here are the main points of the mentioned above: Arden Garden Market, The Stoney Inn/Rockin’ Rodeo, Old Sacramento Schoolhouse Museum, New Glory Craft Brewery, Lower American River, jdrf bike events, become a volunteer, O’mally’s Irish Pub, Twentieth Century Fox Studios, Artistic Edge Gallery, The Ziggurat, Marco Dog Park, The Land of Milk and Honey, Tahoe Park, The BonnLair, Dive Bar, Device Brewing Company, Sacramento City College, K Street Mall, Lake Tahoe, Thistle Dew Dessert Theatre, The Golden State, Candlerock Billiards, Studio Theatre, Health line, USS Midway Museum, Discovery Park, Paddlewheel Showroom, Assembly.
Sacramento CA|Diabetes Research Foundation|Recent statistics|Diabetes Statistics in California
Find more at http://fightt1d.jdrftype1.com